Trick your Brain with this Mouth watering Stuffed Eggplant. You have the choice to make it vegan or not. Eggplants can be cooked in many ways from Breakfast to Dinner. Eating eggplants has so many Nutrient value with a low calorie cost. It’s a great way to feel full without ruining your waist line. It has high carbohydrate with low calorie. It provides tons of energy because of the high in fiber and it helps with healthy digestion. They are known for their role in promoting proper brain function, cardiovascular and cancer prevention, and many more. Eggplants carry an abundance of magnesium, rest of the vitamins are vitamins A, C, E, riboflavin, niacin, folate and panthotenic acid,
Recipe Stat: Only 146 Calories, 18g Protein, 14g Carbs, 3g Fat, 6g Sugar, 8g Fiber, 11% Vit A, 70% Vit C, 8% Calcium, 6% Iron
So what are you waiting for? Start Cooking! Remember to eat Eggplants in moderation, due to its high in carbohydrate and healthy fats.
1 medium eggplants
1/2 lb Ground Turkey or Vegans 3 oz Trader Joes Beefless & 1/4c TVP
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup Red Pepper chopped
1/2 cup Broccoli chopped
1 tbs minced jalepenos
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup low-fat grated Parmesan cheese Or Vegan Parmesan
2 egg white OR Vegan use chai seed or flax- Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pulp, leaving ½ inch rim. Chop insides and set aside. Sprinkle salt over the shelled out eggplant. Place eggplant shells on a baking sheet, and precook for 20-30 minutes.
- During the time the Eggplant shell is preheating. In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the onions and garlic until translucent. Add the insides of eggplant chopped, season with Cayenne pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
- During that time get another Large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the garlic and add ground turkey or Beef-less, season pepper, cayenne pepper
- After the eggplant is slightly tender add mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper, basil, thyme, crushed red pepper, and “cheese”in low heat covered.
- Turn the Stove off.
- Add the cooked ground turkey with the vegetable mixture. Mix it up throughly with the 2 egg whites or replacement.
- Take the Eggplant shells out of the oven. Scoop mixture into the shells and sprinkle with additional Parmesan “cheese” and Siracha, if desired.
- Place eggplants on a baking sheet, and cook at 400º F for 20-30 minutes.
Any excess mixture make Baked Eggplant muffin. See Baked Eggplant Parm On-the-go Recipe.
Enjoy It’s Dar-licious!