Are you ready to make the healthiest Donuts in the world with nutrition value and no sugar added just the fruit? This recipe makes 2 meals, meaning depending how many donuts you make, split that in 1/2 and that is 1 meal. Roughly 3-4 donuts is one meal. The Nutrition Fact for 3-4 donuts (frosting included) is 354 cal, 37 gram Protein, 35 grams, carbs, 7 g fat, 12 g sugar.
PRETTY AWESOME!!!! GUILT FREE!!! VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, NON GMO, SOY FREE, ORGANIC (if you use organic ingredients)
First you need a Donut Pan, if you don’t have one then make it a muffin instead.
-1/2 c organic Garbanzo Beans (drained well, low sodium)
-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
-2 tbs Chia “egg” ( Mix 6 tbs water and 2 tbs chia seeds, let it set for 3-4min)
-2 scoop Nutrasumma Vanilla Pea Protein
-1 tbs Pure Organic Vanilla Extract
-1/2 cup apple sauce or apples in a processor OR mashed Banana
-1/8-1/4 cup Almond Milk if needed (depends the texture) Water is fine too.
-1/2 c Fresh blueberry
*Optional 1 tbs Maple syrup ( I didn’t use it, my protein helped the taste, but check your batter,)
1/4 c cashews soaked over night (or soak it in boiling water for 1 hr)
1/4 c blueberries
1 scoop Nutrasumma Vanilla Pea Protein
Preheat oven 350 degrees and spray the donut or muffin pan.
- 1) Mix all the ingredients in the food processor or Nutribullet. Except the blueberries. You want the Garbanzo beans mashed well and the other ingredients mixed well.
2) After it’s mixed well, stir in the blueberries. Make sure it’s evenly mixed.
3) Pour in each donut holes or muffin cup. Makes about 6-8 depending if you are a batter lover like me. hahah.
4) Tap the pan after it’s poured to get rid of bubbles
5) Bake it for 10 min and check it out. If there is some goo on the toothpick. Turn off the oven and leave the donuts in there. This will prevent drying up the donuts.
6) While the donuts are in the oven make the Frosting.
- Frosting Directions:1) Rinse out the soaked cashews.
2) Put the cashews in your NutriBullet (preferred) Or blender. Add 1-2 Tbs of water, Protein, and blueberries. Blend. Slowly add more water till you get the texture you want. Thick and creamy. Enough to spread it on.
3) Optional for decorations sprinkle some coconut flakes, fresh blueberries, or chopped nuts.ENJOY! It’s Dar-Licious!