Are you looking for some fun flavors in your mouth? It’s full of color, full of nutrients, refreshing, and a great way to change up the way you cook your tofu. This meal is high in protein, fiber, potassium, and vegan. Great meal to eat before or after a marathon, workout, or even for the summer. Let’s get started in the kitchen.
Coconut Crusted Tofu Recipe: (Makes 6 servings)
1-2 package Organic extra firm tofu- drained, pressed with paper towel for excess liquid, and cut in triangles
11 oz Unsweetened coconut water (mix with water)
2-3 Fresh orange squeezed
1/2 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
Optional for spice chilli seasoning
Optional: 1 tbs sesame seeds
Step one Prep day before or at least couple of hours:
1) Don’t forget to use a paper towel or a clean cloth and get the excess water.
2) Marinade the tofu for 24hrs with coconut water, 2 squeezed orange juice (save the 3 rd for the next day), and optional chilli seasoning.
3) Place the marinaded tofu in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
Step two: Preheat oven 400 degree.
1) Place shredded coconut on the plate.
2) Remove the Tofu out of the marinade and dip the tofu on both sides the coconut shred. Optional sprinkle some sesame seeds.
3) Place it on the baking sheet. Optional squeeze half the orange juice on the tofu and the other half cook the orange segments with the tofu.
4) Bake 15-20 min till lightly browned.
Mango Bean Salad Recipe: (Makes 6 servings)
1 1/2 cup chopped mango
2 1/2 cup Organic Black Beans drained well and rinsed
2 1/2 cup cooked mixed rice or jasmine rice
1 Bag Frozen vegetable medley OR 4-6 cups of Fresh vegetables ( Example: mushrooms, onions,red bell pepper, snap peas, think rainbow)
5-6 cup Spinach
1-2 tbs Coconut oil
3 Cloves of garlic minced
1/4 tsp chilli
Cilantro, save some for garnish
Lime or lemon squeeze
1) If you have a rice cooker, use it because it’s quick and saves time.
2) Use a large pan on medium heat. Start with coconut oil, garlic, vegetables, some cilantro, and chilli. Cook till the vegetables are thawed or almost cooked. Save the Spinach later.
3) On low heat add black beans, mango, and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add cooked rice, spinach, and mix. Leave for 1 minute or till the spinach turns bright green.
5) Turn stove off and squeeze lemon or lime.
6) Portion 1-1 1/2 cups to each container for the week OR unless it’s for guests
7) Add 3-4 oz of crusted tofu or5-6 triangles. Garnish some cilantro.