What a great healthy treat for breakfast or on the go snack. Not only it’s vegan but their are many health benefits for starting your day with cranberry. They are on top of the list as a super food because of their high nutrients and antioxidant content. Cranberries are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and fiber. The benefits of consuming cranberries is it improves immune function, decrease blood pressure, prevention of certain types of cancer, and lower risks of urinary tract infections. Be caution not to consume it too often especially if you already take a blood thinning medications and not to increase kidney stones. Note that’s only if you consume it more then coffee haha, so don’t worry 🙂
Now lets go baking.
RECIPE STATS: 111cal each , 3 g protein, 3 g fat, 20 carbs, 3g fiber, 5 g sugar.
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1 cup Gluten free all purpose flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
1 scoop Nutrasumma Vanilla Pea Protein or Growing Naturals
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup fresh cranberries
4 tbs chopped pecan
For the end-sprinkle little bit of brown sugar
- Preheat oven 350degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside the pecans and cranberry for now.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Mix until the batter is lump free.
- Use a muffin tin and spray cups (about 10-12serving). Evenly pour the mixture in the tin cups
- Evenly add the cranberry to each cups and the pecans. Sprinkle lightly the brown sugar.
- Place in the oven for anywhere from 15-20 minutes! Keep checking the muffins so they don’t dry out. Once center is cooked through, remove and let cool.
Enjoy! It’s Dar-licious!